This one’s a “fancy” dinner that is surprisingly easy to make. I like to cook this when we have guests over, and always get compliments. But it’s just as tasty (and easy) on a quiet weeknight.
This recipe combines a lot of different flavors and it’s packed full with Paleo nutrients! It contains all of the Paleolithic staples: pasture raised pork, highly nutritious sweet potatoes, healthy oils from the cashew nuts, and a bit of sweetness from the dried figs.
The inspiration for this recipe came from Dr. Loren Cordain’s The Real Paleo Cookbook, but I tweaked it to my liking and to work with the ingredients I had on hand. We ended up loving it so much, it’s a frequent dish in our home!
I hope you love it as much as we do. Let me know how it turns out!
Paleo Pork Chops with Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Cashews and Figs2015-11-22 17:00:13A healthy and impressive Paleo dinner perfect for family or guests. Includes all paleo staples: pork, sweet potatoes, cashew nuts, figs, and herbs.Write a reviewSave RecipePrintIngredients
- 4 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh sage
- 1 cup chopped cashew nuts (unsalted)
- 1/2 cup chopped dry figs
- 1/2 cup beef bone broth
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rub pork chops on both sides with salt, pepper, and about 3/4 of all the chopped sage.
- Fry on medium-high heat in grapeseed oil until pork chops are cooked through and golden-brown on both sides.
- While they are cooking, peel the sweet potatoes and chop into 1-inch cubes. Fill a large pot with water, add the potatoes and a full clove of garlic (peeled), and put over high heat. Once boiling, lower the heat and let simmer for another 10 minutes, until they are soft.
- When pork chops are cooked, remove them from the pan and place on a plate. Add the cashews to the pan and let the toast for a few minutes. Add the remaining sage and dry figs. Cook for a few minutes. Add the bone broth and lemon juice and scrape the pan to get all the delicious bits. Add the pork chops back into the pan with the sauce and let simmer for a few minutes.
- When sweet potatoes are ready, remove from heat and drain. Mash the potatoes with 3 tbsp grapeseed oil, add some coconut milk if you prefer them creamier. I also added a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Serve the pork chops alongside the mashed potatoes, covered in the cashew fig sauce with some crushed cashews sprinkled for extra garnish. Delicious!
By Paleo Babe Adapted from The Real Paleo Cookbook Adapted from The Real Paleo Cookbook The Paleo Babe http://www.thepaleobabe.com/Love the recipe? Get a free bag of organic cashews with your order from Thrive Market by using my link!