This simple, yet exciting chicken recipe is perfect for you if you love southeast Asian cuisine. Made with coconut milk, lime juice and sweet chili sauce, it embodies the sweet and tangy flavors you come to expect of tropical dishes. Despite the simple list of ingredients, this meal is anything but boring.
I typically serve it with rice, but if you’re stricter with your Paleo diet, you can easily create a great side of cauliflower rice, which is totally Paleo. I like to use coconut milk and lime juice in the rice as well, creating a well-rounded dish with consistent flavors. If you’re using cauliflower, just process it until it’s rice-like and cook it in a pan with a little bit of coconut milk and lime juice. Season to your liking and serve with the chicken.
The chicken is marinated for at least 30 minutes, which gives it great tang and keeps it from drying out when you make it. Once it’s marinated, you can cook it however you like – toss it on a grill, stick it in the oven, or fry it with some ghee. I chose the latter, as I don’t have a grill, and I love frying anything with ghee 🙂
Once the chicken is cooked, just sprinkle it with some fresh cilantro and enjoy it with a side of rice/cauliflower rice and sweet chili sauce for dipping. Seriously, don’t skip the chili sauce – it adds a delightful burst of flavor to the dish.
Sweet Chili Coconut Lime Chicken Recipe2016-04-20 19:42:46Write a reviewSave RecipePrintIngredients
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce (+ more for dipping)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 lime (for juicing) or lime juice
- 1 tbsp ghee
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- salt & pepper
- Mix together the coconut milk, sweet chili sauce, lime juice, and salt + pepper (to taste). Place the chicken breasts into the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Once marinated, cook the chicken on a pan with ghee over medium-high heat until its cooked through and golden.
- Serve with fresh cilantro and dip into extra sweet chili sauce!
By Paleo BabeThe Paleo Babe http://www.thepaleobabe.com/