The other day I found a recipe from an old Russian recipe book for a kielbasa-potato hash. It had butter, onions and peppers and sounded simply delicious.
I knew I couldn’t have it for many reasons, but I decided to try and come up with a paleo version of this recipe that I will be able to enjoy.
Sweet Potato Kielbasa Hash (paleo)2015-03-15 22:01:24Serves 4This is a paleo-friendly version of the eastern european staple – kielbasa with potatoes. Who said comfort foods can’t be paleo?Write a reviewSave RecipePrintPrep Time10 min Cook Time30 min Total Time40 min Prep Time10 min Cook Time30 min Total Time40 min Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 polish kielbasa
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 yellow squash
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Cut sweet potato into 1-in cubes.
- Toss the sweet potato pieces in the hot oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper, and cook until golden brown (10-15 min). Stir occasionally.
- Add chopped onion into the pan and cook for about 5 minutes until it is soft and tender. Continue stirring.
- Add the kielbasa, cut into 1-inch pieces, to the pan. Cook for about 5 min to heat it through. Continue stirring occasionally.
- Add the yellow squash to the pan. Add about a tablespoon of water and cover the pan to allow the squash to steam. Keep covered until squash is tender. Remove cover and let cook for another few minutes. Enjoy!
By Paleo BabeThe Paleo Babe http://www.thepaleobabe.com/