I love easy dinners that taste like they took forever to make! This Italian-style tomato meat sauce is one of those meals. We have it almost every week, and it’s super versatile. Throw it over some zucchini or squash “spaghetti,” or eat it over roasted veggies. It’s thick and filling, yet completely paleo-approved.
This is also a relatively frugal meal. I’ve been watching my grocery budget lately and trying to cut down, and meals like this definitely help. I include it in my weekly dinner rotation with some other frugal meals, and my bank account has been thanking me.
Enjoy! Let me know how it turns out for you!
Italian-Style Tomato Meat Sauce2015-05-02 20:47:24A hearty sauce with ground beef, tomato, and Italian herbs. Gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo.Write a reviewSave RecipePrintIngredients
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 slices natural bacon
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can organic whole tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- pepper to taste
- Brown the ground beef in a deep pan, breaking it up with a spatula.
- Drain. Add chopped onions and minced garlic. Cook until onions are soft.
- Add the tomatoes and all herbs/spices. Cover and cook on low heat for 25-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, fry the bacon on a separate pan. Set aside.
- Remove cover and stir. Break down the tomatoes (they should break easily after cooking this long) and mix everything together until it has a saucy consistency.
- Serve over your favorite veggies, spaghetti squash, or “zoodles”! Top with crumbled bacon bits and enjoy!
By The Paleo BabeThe Paleo Babe http://www.thepaleobabe.com/