Another recipe from my weekly menu is everyone’s favorite – crockpot chicken bacon ranch. This dish takes 4-6 hours to make, but it’s totally worth it. Plus, you can just turn it on and forget about it for a couple of hours!
This is a recipe from my pre-paleo years, and to be honest I don’t know where I found it first. Of course, I had to tweak the original recipe to make it appropriate for my current diet. It does contain dairy (in the form of greek yoghurt), as I have slowly introduced probiotic dairy products back into my regimen and they don’t bother me. In the past, we would eat this over pasta. Now I like to eat it with veggie pasta instead.
Enjoy and let me know what you think!
Crock Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch2015-05-03 00:14:03A healthy version of the crockpot chicken bacon ranch recipe. Gluten-free, healthy. Contains dairy.Write a reviewSave RecipePrintIngredients
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 3 strips of bacon
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing (organic)
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup (organic)
- 1 cup greek yoghurt
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Place the chicken, cream of chicken soup, yoghurt, garlic and ranch dressing in the crock pot. Mix the ingredients together until chicken is well coated.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours, until chicken is tender and falls apart.
- In the meantime, fry up some bacon. Set aside.
- Shred the chicken with two forks. Serve over veggie noodles or in a salad. Sprinkle with some bacon and enjoy!
By The Paleo BabeThe Paleo Babe http://www.thepaleobabe.com/