I finally got a blender, which means I can start having mashed cauliflower! I used to mash it with a “regular” potato masher… unfortunately, it didn’t mash the cauliflower enough (for my taste) and I was stuck with a really grainy blob that didn’t resemble potatoes (- or cauliflower, for that matter!) at all!
But today, I got a big box in the mail from Amazon…
Yup, it’s my blender! I was so excited I immediately put it together, hooked it up, and started boiling water for my cauliflower. I decided to pair it with a nice and easy Apple Chicken – a simple, yet elegant flavor combination.
Needless to say, blending the cauliflower really took care of my issue with the texture – it was so good, I even had seconds… okay, thirds. Didn’t even have any left for lunch the next day. The man loved it, too!
I hope you enjoy this simple paleo dinner idea. Let me know how it turns out!
Apple Chicken2015-04-01 21:55:38A yummy and super-easy paleo chicken recipe. Only 3 ingredients!Write a reviewSave RecipePrintIngredients
- 1.5 lb chicken breasts
- 2 cups organic unfiltered apple juice
- spices (salt, pepper, poultry seasoning)
- Heat the apple juice in a pan until it starts to bubble slightly.
- Add chicken breasts, cut into halves or quarters. Season them with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning (combination of thyme, sage, marjoram, rosemary, and nutmeg).
- Cover and let chicken simmer about 10 minutes.
- Flip the chicken pieces and season them as well. Cover and let the other side cook another 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and turn up the heat – let the apple juice evaporate.
- When the apple juice turns into a thick, sticky sauce, remove chicken from the pan. Sprinkle with some chives or other greens and serve. Enjoy!
By Paleo Babe Adapted from Oatmeal With a Fork Adapted from Oatmeal With a Fork The Paleo Babe http://www.thepaleobabe.com/Garlic Butter Mashed Cauliflower2015-04-01 22:28:53A simple and delicious way to make mashed cauliflower. Tastes almost like real mashed potatoes!Write a reviewSave RecipePrintIngredients
- 1 head cauliflower
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee
- garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- chives/green onion (optional)
- Boil water in a pot with some salt.
- Rinse the cauliflower and remove the green stem. Chop it into individual florets. Add to the boiling water.
- Mince the garlic. Add it to the pot.
- Reduce heat and cook for 15-20 minutes until the cauliflower is soft.
- Strain the cauliflower and put into a blender.
- Add the allspice, butter, some salt & pepper and garlic powder to taste. Puree. Sprinkle some chives or other greens and enjoy!
By Paleo BabeThe Paleo Babe http://www.thepaleobabe.com/