I love this Korean-style pork chop recipe for it’s savory flavors and enticing aroma. Pork chops are awesome, because they’re an economical way to add some variety to the typical chicken/beef Paleo menu.
The important thing to remember is that pork chops taste best when they’re juicy with flavors. There are two ways to ruin a pork chop…
- Not adding enough flavors
- Overcooking it until it’s dry
But aside from that, pork chops are very versatile and go well with a wide range of different flavors – from sweet to tangy.
I cook pork chops pretty frequently, so I always try to find new ways to make them and keep it interesting 🙂 This week, it’s these Korean-style pork chops, and they’re absolutely great!
Since they’re marinated, they come out very juicy and you don’t have to worry about them being dry. The marinade/sauce has an incredible combination of bright flavors, which is accomplished with a few simple Paleo ingredients: coconut aminos, honey, garlic, sesame oil, ginger and sriracha.
They only need to marinate for about 20-30 minutes, so I usually get that started when I come home from work, and then once I’ve changed and had a chance to settle in for the night, I just take them out of the fridge, throw them on a skillet to get them golden and crispy on the outside, and then toss them in the oven for about 15 minutes until they’re done.
It’s a super fast dinner to make! And you know me… I love fast and easy dinners. As long as they’re Paleo, of course.
Serve these Korean pork chops with a side of cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles, or even a salad. They make great leftovers, too!
Paleo Korean-Style Pork Chops2016-03-04 20:37:55Delicious and savory Korean-style pork chops made with Paleo ingredients for a simple, quick and healthy meal!Write a reviewSave RecipePrintIngredients
- 4 all-natural pork chops
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 3 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- scallions for garnish
- Make the marinade: mix together the coconut aminos, minced garlic, sriracha, sesame oil, minced ginger and red pepper flakes.
- Place the pork chops in a ziploc bag with the marinade and make sure they are well coated. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Remove pork chops from marinade and brown them on a skillet with some olive oil over high heat until golden-brown on the outside.
- Move them to a baking pan and bake in the oven for another 10-15 minutes, or until they are cooked through.
- Garnish your delicious Korean-style Paleo pork chops with some fresh scallions and enjoy!
By Paleo BabeThe Paleo Babe http://www.thepaleobabe.com/