These Paleo Chicken Fajitas are bursting with flavor and go hand in hand with the fresh taste of the avocado lime salad.
Follow this simple recipe for a well-rounded paleo meal that everyone in the family is guaranteed to enjoy!
I recently moved from the Big Apple to a small town in New Hampshire. You might think I’m crazy (a lot of people do), but this is exactly what I wanted and I am so happy to be here.
We are staying with our friends until we find our own place. There’s a lot of us in one house – 4 people, 2 dogs, and 1 cat – but so far it’s been really fun. One of the nicest things about living with good friends is sitting down for dinner together every night. My friend and I cook together and the boys clean up. It makes things easier!
Last night my friend shared her crockpot fajita recipe with me, so we decided to make it. I tweaked it a bit to keep it paleo and we made a delicious salad to go with it. Everyone loved it so much, we had nothing left for leftovers. What blew my mind is how easy it was to make!
We cooked the chicken all day in the crockpot, letting it absorb all the delicious flavors. Once it was done, we spent about 10 minutes whipping up the salad and grilled veggies. That’s it! Delicious fajitas are ready to be served.
Keeping the fajitas paleo was easy – I eliminated the tortilla and replaced the little things like condiments and seasonings with paleo versions. Luckily, I had a lot of paleo-approved condiments on hand already, and we figured out how to make the salad dressing from scratch to avoid the artificial flavors commonly found in regular dressing.
If you want to get your paleo-friendly ingredients ahead of time, I am listing them below with a link (affiliate) so you can buy them online. Otherwise, you can use the regular store-bought stuff – it won’t kill ya in small amounts! 😉
Now that you’re ready to get started, let’s dive in!
Paleo Chicken Fajitas Recipe
For the chicken fajitas:
- 1-2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 green pepper
For the salad:
- red onion
- sliced almonds
- 1/2 olive oil
- 1/2 tbs vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- salt, pepper, other seasonings to taste
- In the morning (or at least 5 hours before dinner), place the chicken breasts in the crockpot and cover with taco sauce, salsa and taco seasoning. Cover & let cook on high for at least 5 hours.
- When the chicken is almost done, cut onion and pepper and cook it on medium heat with some olive oil. Make sure the vegetables are cooked through. Then increase heat to high and give them a little bit of a sear.
- Prepare the salad by combining arugula, red onion, tomato, and avocado in a bowl.
- In a separate bottle, mix oil, vinegar, lime juice, and seasonings. Mix the dressing well and add to your salad. Top with some sliced almonds for a bit of a crunch.
- Serve the naked fajitas topped with grilled veggies and the salad on the side. Enjoy!
Did you enjoy the Paleo Chicken Fajitas? let us know